Order a Loaner!
STEP 1) Please read our wedding dress return policy, completely, so that you understand what a Loaner is and what the policy will be about returns should you decide to buy a wedding dress after the Loaner.
STEP 2) Return Policy for Whirlingturban Bridal Boutique Items:
Many of our styles are so fitted that we recommend that a customer borrow a loaner first to insure the best fit. We often do this for wedding dresses but we can do it with any style for which we want to check the fit.
1) You may try on a “Loaner” sample, made from plain cotton muslin, of the style and size you are considering. This way you can check the fit and see the lines and shape of item on you. You may also request fabric swatch samples.
2) You must pay for the shipping of the "Loaner" in both directions, plus a security deposit for the loaner. Some of our loaners are located in the United States and some are in Bali. The cost to ship the loaner to you from our workshop in Bali is usually about $32, from the US to the US is perhaps $12. If you are in the United States, you can return the loaner to our California address which should cost less than $12. (We will tell you the exact shipping costs before you decide to proceed to borrow the loaner.) The shipping is not refundable for any reason.
3) Since it is possible that you would like to try on more than one style or size, you may try on as many Loaner as you like, one at a time, as long as you pay shipping and return each Loaner in good condition and pay a fee of $25 per Loaner item. We must have a deposit on each Loaner item during the time it is in your possession.
4) After receiving your loaner you may want to have us review photos of you in it for pattern fit assessment. Please be sure you have gotten and follow our instructions about how to photograph yourself correctly in the loaner so you will not have to send a second batch of fitting pics because we were not able to see what we needed to see in the first batch. If we have to ask you again to re-photo because you didn't follow instructions, it's time consuming to explain personally to you what you did wrong and then to analyze another set of photos, so we do charge $25 for each re-do.
5) The deposit for the Loaner is $200. If you decide to order a dress from us after trying on the Loaner, $175 can be applied toward the purchase price of your Whirlginturban dress or other item. If you decide not to order after trying the loaner, your deposit will be returned to you less a $25 processing fee when the loaner is returned in the same good condition in which you received it. If the item needs cleaning or was not packed and folded neatly so that it needs professional steaming to be acceptable to the next customer, the cost of cleaning and/or pressing will be deducted from your deposit. (Our customers are SO nice we have never yet had to charge anyone for being inconsiderate about the condition of the returned loaner.)
6) If the loaner item is not post-marked as shipped out again by you within two weeks from the date you received it -or is deemed by Whirlingturban to be irreparably damaged- your security deposit will not be refunded.
7) If you want or require a second or third loaner, we charge $25 per "fitting evaluation" of a round of photos from you, sent to us to help you determine how to improve the fit via alterations or customizations we can do for you, underwear suggestions, etc.
8) Upon returning the Loaner item, the evaluation of the condition of the Loaner and decisions about its need for cleaning or professional pressing is 100% at Whirlingturban’s discretion and not subject to the customer’s opinion about its condition.
9) In committing to borrow a Loaner, you agree to be subject to the above conditions. You agree to let Whirlingturban’s judgment about the dress’s condition, timely return and refund to be final and promise not to contest the charge- or our decisions- with your credit card company, PayPal, Google Checkout, lawsuit or in any other manner. You understand and agree that the charge is not contestable for any reason.
10) Dresses will fit as closely to the size of the Loaner as is humanly possible, but customers, like movie stars, must always be prepared for the possible need for alterations in order to have a perfect dress for a perfect day. Our dresses are made one by one, by hand, using the same patterns as the Loaner while also using an extensive list of measurements taken from the dress seams that have been recorded and are then matched when we sew the actual wedding dress. However, please be aware that different fabrics will stretch more than others and the human hand will make for very minor differences from garment to garment. By purchasing, you acknowledge that each dress will fit slightly differently. We have a remarkable track record for a precise fit; we really care and we are very careful, but we will not view a slight difference in fit from dress to dress, made from different fabrics, as an error on our part.
11) Whirling Turban's wedding dresses or custom made items are not returnable for any reason. In committing to buy a custom dress, you agree to waive the right to return and promise not to contest the charge with your credit card company, PayPal, lawsuit or in any other manner. You understand that the charge is not contestable for any reason. For this reason we emphatically suggest you order and try loaner garments.
STEP 3: Please email email@example.com to request a loaner.